[ 6 ]

I don't give a damn

35%

[ 7 ]

Total Votes: 20

Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:56 pm   
teddyumd wrote:
NAZ wrote:
If you give right to gay people to marry then why not give rights for straight people to have a polygamy marriage?

Polygamy is totaly different issue, it is created by people to control a small soceity by male domiance, your sexuallity is not created or decied upon.

That may be so but besides why it was created or who created it, why should the law of today ristrict marriages to two people only?

Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:18 pm   
Naz wrote:
Quote:
That may be so but besides why it was created or who created it, why should the law of today ristrict marriages to two people only?

there is no one group of people or person you can blame or say created/only approved of marriage in between two people. Its something that has been simultaneously practiced and followed in cultures across the globe. From an evolutionary perspective, it is actually the product of our primitive needs.

speaking of today, polygamy presents a whole load of legal, psychological and mental issues that the governments and most people do not want to deal with. A two-person marriage is already troublesome for the couples themselves and the government, adding a third and fourth party to the group only worsens the situation. Plus, the government doesn’t advocate polygamy because a large majority of the population’s beliefs/ethics goes against it.

…still, how could you correlate polygamous marriages to gay marriages?

teddyumd wrote:
Quote:
by the way i am not homosexuall
i am proud to be hetorsexuall

The, by-the-way-I-am-straight-blah-blah disclaimer is unnecessary. If there are those who conclude you are gay because you are supporting gay issues, then their opinion is probably not worth the time to read. I can yell I am heterosexual from rooftops and that would add nothing of substance to my argument.

teddyumd
AdmaQi

Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:12 pm   
waliya wrote:

speaking of today, polygamy presents a whole load of legal, psychological and mental issues that the governments and most people do not want to deal with. A two-person marriage is already troublesome for the couples themselves and the government, adding a third and fourth party to the group only worsens the situation. Plus, the government doesn’t advocate polygamy because a large majority of the population’s beliefs/ethics goes against it.

you are right waliya, polgamy presents alot of issues to the government that they have to explain to the society. most of this country society has a catholic/chirstian views and to explain polgamy as a normal life style is difficlut.

waliya wrote:

…still, how could you correlate polygamous marriages to gay marriages?

you really can't compair the two in the same level, one is between two people of the same sex, while the polgamy is having two, three, or more partners.

Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:56 am   
Quote:
…still, how could you correlate polygamous marriages to gay marriages? waliya

I do not support the same rights of marriage to homosexuals because I do not believe they should be able to adopt children. So if they are going to break the sacred value of marriage to society; they might as well disolve marriage it self. The reason I brought up polygamy is not because its the same as homosexual marriages but because its a non-traditional way of living... and if we say yes to gay marriages now; what is there to stop another group of activist to say they are being discrimnated against because they cannot marry two wives or two husbands. There will be no end to this....

Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:25 pm   
Naz wrote:
Quote:
The reason I brought up polygamy is not because its the same as homosexual marriages but because its a non-traditional way of living...

actually polygamy is a traditional way of living for a large chunck of the world's population.

I don't agree with you dude but i understand from where you are coming from

Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:58 pm   
Quote:
actually polygamy is a traditional way of living for a large chunck of the world's population.

I guess my statement was more U.S centered; but you're right it is practiced in the muslim nations of the World which makes up a great deal of the World's population including Ethiopia. But going back to the original topic my stand is that I'm ok if gay people marry but I'm against gay people adopting. But I realize that if marriage is allowed to same sex couples; you can't ristrict them from adopting. So, I guess for now I think it should be kept as is for opposite sex couples.

anyway, have you guys heard the annoucemnt by Bush to amend the constitution and define Marriage as between male and female only? I know its sparked up a lot of controversy; but I think its an attempt to stop the courts from allowing same sex marriages.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

myESAi Forum Index » Spiritual Enrichment » Gay Marriages » Reply to topic

. . .
. Most users ever online was 252 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:07 am.