My CD Release :)

myESAi Forum Index » Cultural and Community Affairs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

.mike
Web Team

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:19 am   
oy! excellent!

I guess the "bundle of joy" really brought something great in you, huh.

i like.
i like.

congrats

----
Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence
nyalasmoke
Web Team

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:50 am   
congrats Munit!!! We are yet to hear your new stuff but we hope you taped the event and your cd is not completely sold out. Anyways now that you are getting famous and stuff... hmmm if u need a body guard, I am available evenings and weekends. Keep up the good wrk and can't wait to hear it.

take care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:32 pm   
hahahahahahahahah

bodyguard!

it has been a lot of fun. wish you were all here. there's still a lot of work to do and i'll bring my promotional material with me!!

i'm taping as much and taking pictures as much as possible! apparently our live shows for the ethiopian music festival (on girma beyene) have been on t.v. and people are excited... and i'm slowly getting paranoid... strangers say hello. not sure what to do yet! unfortunately, electricity has been off on those days of the t.v. programming in our house - so i don't know what's going on!! hehehehe...

but yea... a little overwhelmed... nervous... excited... happy...

see you all soon

thanks for all the love!!

Tse
Azewtari

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:00 am   
munit that's amazing!!! I'm excited to hear you perform when you come back!
I suggest: YOUR OWN BLOG!!! hehe...I even have a name for it
MuniLog hehe...ok that sounds a little technical hehe...but...

It would be wonderful to hear your thoughts during this phase of promoting your new cd! and it would be great promotion for you as well...think about it It would be great!

Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:11 pm   
Thank you ma'am. Good idea for fast speed internet zones

For all those in Addis or with folks in Addis - please let them know that we'll be performing:

Saturday June 14th, 2008 @ the Hager Fikir Theatre starting @ 3pm - Doors open @ 2:30pm

Good for families and for those that don't go out all night long

Beka work keeps on working ...

so spread the word.

peaces

afropea
Aregawi

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:20 am   
Check it out: www.jorgandmunit.com

Tse
Azewtari

Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:34 am   
REVIEW by Arefe
It was a low-key musical affair yet an immensely enjoyable experience for the mostly young audience at Hager Fikir Theatre. Two young musicians, one a US-based Ethiopian female vocal singer and a German guitar player, took the stage at the huge, high-ceilingled hall. There wasn’t any flashy or heavy instrument-just the tow of them-Jorg and Munit, with of course their guitar.
It was Munit who did the introduction with her stammering but proper Amharic, at times mixing with English. She had an aura of simplicity and homour. She told us that she was having a cold, so she might produce some bizarre sounds, she warned us. Jorg was also having flu, she told us to beware, because “nifit” might come anytime. It was a little cheeky but the audience roared.
The first line of song they played was Bob Marley’s rendering of “Jamming”. It was enjoyable and fairly upbeat. The next one, “Just the two us” the cover song for their CD which was on sale at the entrance. The audience seemed unable to settle on response to the music at this early stage and a mixture of reaction were seen.
As the atmosphere progresses, the crowd entertained with a mixture of original and time tested favourtie music.
One of the songs, “I remember” which Munit said was her first full Amharic song conjures up childhood memory, like drinking Pepsi and watching Ababa Tesfaye on ETV. There was a hint of sadness in her voice as she recalls those times passed. Other songs include Tracy Chapman’s “Give Me one Reason”. But my favourite one was an interpretation of Girma Beyene’s “Set Alaminm” which Munit understandably changed in to “Wonde Alaminm”. It beautifully displayed Munit’s talent for soft, fluid vocals.
The music style expresses childhood innocence and simplicity. This style can be witnessed in “Lem Lem.”
I feel some of the songs need some more work and practice but all in all the two deserve respect and attention.
Jorg and Munit’s C.D ..just the two of us, recorded live at @ the Coffee House could be found at Irea Music shop in Kazanchis.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:44 pm   
Thanks for sharing Tse! I wouldn't have found it without you!

YAY I'm glad he had a good time --- FYI no "nift" dribbled on the guitar and I tried to limit all strange noises!

We did have a fun moment when the guitar string broke --- but an acapella redemption song moment saved the day!

Also it's the game pepsi - not drinking pepsi

what else? it was an awesome chill young ethiopian crowd that was very nice and laid back. totally fun to play with!

Also for amharic readers - another more in-depthish article about me hehehe - self-promotion is strange

http://www.addisadmass.com/Tibeb/news_item.asp?NewsID=966

I don't know how to cut and paste the amharic without it turning into gibberish... so you will have to read it there...

ENJOY!

AddisMartina
Aregawi

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:35 pm   
congrats dear

if any one has access to the interview of Munit on the Radio please share

p.s. hope to see you on stage here

"Most people know they can't get into a hospital without a doctor. What they don't know is that they won't get out of one- at least not alive- without a nurse." - Joan Lynaugh
afropea
Aregawi

Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:34 pm   
www.myspace.com/jorgandmunit

where you can hear the original songs ... and become our friends and leave your comments - which we'd love to hear by the way - and share the music!

for those in the DC metro area, there are limited edition cds! limited cause of time and you know... that other thing ... so if you're interested please PM me for this weekend.

i'm trying to see if i can organize a hand off before i leave next week.

peace

munit

Yasteserial
Golmasa

Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:46 pm   
afropea wrote:
www.myspace.com/jorgandmunit

where you can hear the original songs ... and become our friends and leave your comments - which we'd love to hear by the way - and share the music!

for those in the DC metro area, there are limited edition cds! limited cause of time and you know... that other thing ... so if you're interested please PM me for this weekend.

i'm trying to see if i can organize a hand off before i leave next week.

peace

munit

Proud of you, Girl! I reseructed myself to say congrat!

Aregawi

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:27 am   
i am moved by your resurrection

thank you very much! i'm working on getting some videos ready for you all too! live stuff... fun stuff!

and don't forget to come over - be our friend - leave your comments - share our music!

we can't do it without you - AND - it's all for you!

Alex
Alumni Team

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:22 pm   
Abet dimts, abet dimts!

Minew Jörgin baderegegn!

Bravo, Munitachin!

Aregawi

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:45 pm   
Wey wey wey. Lejane! Enae Jorg lehuneleh! Ha ha ha!

Thank you though! BeTam!

I like your player better than youtube too... I think we almost look nicer there

Yilkal
Aregawi

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:23 pm   
munit, great performance. is the cd available online? if not can i get a copy in the mail?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

myESAi Forum Index » Cultural and Community Affairs » My CD Release :) » Reply to topic

. . .
. Most users ever online was 252 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:07 am.